Pizza contaminated by E. coli: Buitoni admitted having mistakenly sent a voucher to an affected family

The Buitoni brand has apologized by mistakenly sending a voucher for 20 euros to the family of a girl contaminated with E. coli bacteria after eating a pizza from the brand.

Buitoni’s apology

The family of a girl infected with E. coli bacteria after consuming a pizza from the Buitoni brand received a voucher for 20 euros from the company. The latter admitted, Monday, April 25, having transmitted the commercial gesture by mistake. “This should not have been done and we would like to offer our most sincere apologies to this consumer who may have been offended by the receipt of these vouchers”said a spokesperson for the company. “We will make sure this does not happen again”he added on the remarks taken up by France info.

A report on the public service site SignalConso

To explain the receipt of this voucher, the Buitoni spokesperson said that the family in question made a report on the public service site SignalConso. The mark then recalled the product concerning. “The person received vouchers, as is the case for people requesting a refund for their pizzas following the massive recall” of this product, continued the same source. The withdrawal-recall of Buitoni pizzas of the Fraîch’Up range took place on March 18 after Nestlé was informed of the presence of E. Coli bacteria in the dough of a product. Since that day, France has identified 53 cases of contamination, according to the latest point from Public Health France. Two children have died, but the pizza connection has yet to be confirmed.

The girl who received the voucher was hospitalized for two days in mid-March for pyelonephritis and “came close to sepsis”said his mother residing in Vienne. “It’s an additional pain (…) For them, my daughter’s pain is worth 20 euros”she was indignant after receiving the brand’s commercial gesture.

See our file on the food scandal

.

Leave a Comment